President Rodrigo Roa Duterte has approved the promotion of nine (9) Rear Admirals and 12 Commodores of the Philippine Coast Guard (PCG), based on the recommendation of Transportation Secretary Arthur P Tugade.
On the transmittal papers sent by the Office of the President to the Office of the Transportation Secretary on 21 February 2020, the Chief Executive gave his go signal for the promotion of:
1) Rear Admiral Eduardo D Fabricante;
2) Rear Admiral Oscar C Endona;
3) Rear Admiral Josel Willian Isaga;
4) Rear Admiral Allen T Toribio;
5) Rea Admiral Artemio M Abu;
6) Rear Admiral Robert Patrimonio;
7) Rear Admiral Rolando Lizon N Punzalan;
Rear Admiral Ronnie Gil L Gavan; and
9) Rear Admiral Joseph Coyme.
Moreover, the 12 Captains who are promoted to the next higher rank include:
1) Commodore Christopher T Villacorte;
2) Commodore Giovannie G Bergantin;
3) Commodore Allan O Corpuz;
4) Commodore Charlie Q Rances;
5) Commodore Eustacio Nimrod P Enriquez;
6) Commodore Nelson B Torre;
7) Commodore Genito B Basili ;
Commodore Rudyard M Somera;
9) Commodore Hostillo Arturo E Cornelio;
10) Commodore Edgardo T Hernando;
11) Commodore Zenmond D Duque; and
12) Commodore Armando A Balilo.
The mentioned two-star and one-star generals are scheduled to take oath to DOTr Secretary Arthur Tugade this week. Their arrival honors and breaking of personal flags ceremonies will ensue thereafter.
Admiral Garcia, challenges the newly-promoted officials of the PCG to prepare for the greater responsibility that comes with their new ranks and to inspire their people in upholding integrity in service at all times.
PCG spokesperson Captain Arman Balilo, in behalf of the promotees, thanked the President for the promotion of the PCG key officials and the DOTr Secretary for his continous support to the organization.